I was watching CBS’s “Sunday Morning” yesterday. There was an amazing story about a traffic copy in LA — Elton Simmons — who has an amazing record of complaints from drivers he’s issued tickets to.
Zero complaints. That’s for 25,000 arrests over a 20-year period.
Simmons was not even aware of his record. “It’s just how I do it every day,” he said.
How does he do it?
• His attitude is different than most traffic cops. He not the typical hard-nosed traffic cops.
• He has a pitch-perfect mix of authority and diplomacy.
• He does not lecture. Instead he gives the drivers the benefit of the bout. They still get the ticket. But they don’t get the guilt trip.
• “You know what it is, it’s his smile” said a driver who got a ticket from Simmons. “He’s got a great smile. He’s a nice guy. How could you be mad at that guy?”
• “Some are downright smitten,” a CBS reporter writes.
To see more about this on CBS, click here.
I wish we had traffic cops like this where I live.
LED Light Bulbs series offer the ultimate in energy saving light bulbs with LED bulbs giving a massive saving of around 90% in comparison to standard filament bulbs with a life expectancy for LED Light bulbs of around 30 times greater.
If only more cops were like he is people might actually respect the authority a little more. There are so many cops out there that think that just because they have a badge that they can be jerks and treat people however they want to and that it’s okay and that the badge will protect them. Cops and criminals are all the same type of people…it’s just that the criminals got caught doing something whereas the cop hasn’t been caught yet. I give praise to all the good cops and maybe your kindness will rub off on the bad ones.
The shaple of LED Corn Light bulbs are similar with corn cobs. In general,LED lamps lighting-emitting angle is 120 degrees, yet A led corn light could emit 360-degree light horizontal direction,to brighten wall and floor.