April 15, 1955
McDonald’s Corporation dates its founding to the opening of a franchised restaurant by Ray Kroc at 400 North Lee Street, Des Plaines, Illinois, on April 15, 1955.
Kroc got the idea for this from a hamburger place at San Bernardino, CA that was owned and operated the McDonald brothers.
The price of a burger was 15 cents when it opened.
The Big Mac was introduced in 1968 for 49 cents and the Quarter Pounder in 1971 for 53 cents.
By 2000, there were more than 31,000 McDonald’s in 119 countries.