A day to recognize America’s pie heritage, to pass on traditions of pie making, and to celebrate America’s love of pie. Sponsored by the American Pie Council.
• Pies date back to ancient Egypt.
• The first pie recipe was published by the Romans — rye-crusted goat cheese and honey pie.
• Romans spread pies throughout Europe.
• Early pies were mostly meat pies.
• America has England to thank for pies. It began with English settlers baking pies in their colonies.
• Pie has become the established American dessert — “as American as apple pie.”
Read more — “History of Pies” on American Pie Council’s website
Pies are fun