1. Pub Sheds
2. Eco Sheds
3. Garden Office Sheds
4. Cabin/Summerhouse Sheds
5. Unique Sheds
6. Normal Sheds
7. Workshop/Studio Sheds
8. Tardis Sheds
This year, for the first time, the finalists will be shown in a three-part TV series “Amazing Spaces Shed of the Year” presented by George Clarke. ”
Clarke says, “The nation’s love for transforming their garden shed to an extension of the home is really trending right now. The TV series reveals some of the most creative, beautiful and unusual shed spaces, as well as meeting the talented people behind them.”
UK shed facts:
• There are 14 million shed owners in the UK.
• Sheds contribute to the wellbeing of Brits: 12% of feel happiest when they are in their sheds; 23% of men clam they feel more masculine when in their sheds.
2013’s winner — “Shed of the Year: boat-roofed creation sails to victory” built
by Alex Holland from Machynlleth in mid Wales — won £1,000 prize.
• “The Finalists for Shed of the Year 2014” on Cuprinol’s blog — fascinating information about each of the 24 finalists
• “Cabin fever: Shed of the Year finalists open door to exotic designs” in the Guardian
• “In pictures: Shed of the Year 2014” in the Telegraph
Posted 16 July 2014