March 13, 2016Many of our members stay up until 2:00 a.m. to change their clocks at exactly the right time
Areas not using Daylight Saving Time (DST):
* Not all areas of the U.S. are covered. Most of Arizona does not use it. Here’s an article about this: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/us/arizona-no-dst.html
* Other areas that don’t use it are Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
* Indiana was another one until 2006.
Daylight “Saving” or “Savings” Time?
The above is an excerpt from: http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html
DMC assistant vice president Grover Click was in Vienna a few years ago on the
day clocks changed. He visited the Uhrenmuseum (clock museum). He took
this picture of a staff member chaining a clock. She had 3,000 clocks to change.
Topics for dull discussions:
• Effects on our lives from losing the hour; compare this with gaining the hour in the fall.
• Whether you like DST or would prefer that we don’t have it.
More info: Wikipedia has a 21-page article about Daylight Saving Time . . . which comes in handy if looking for something dull to read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time